DISH NETWORK ATTENDANCE BARGAINING REPORT
Several weeks ago DISH reached out to the Union stating they were going to start strictly enforcing the attendance policy they implemented in 2015 without notifying the Union. The Union immediately requested information over this and after reviewing the documentation provided, demanded bargaining with DISH.
The Union’s Bargaining Committee, chaired by Sylvia J. Ramos, met on August 1, 2017 to prepare for bargaining with the Company on August 2, 2017. On August 2, 2017, your Bargaining Committee met with the Company at 9 a.m. to commence bargaining over the attendance policy. We spent almost the entire day in negotiations and at approximately 4:30 p.m. a tentative agreement was reached pending review of the agreement before executing it.
The following is what was tentatively agreed to:
- Clock in no sooner than five minutes before the start of your shift and you will be paid from the time you clock in.
- If you are going to be tardy, you must notify the manager on duty at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the employee’s shift and arrive within 60 minutes after the start time. (Warehouse is also covered in this attendance agreement)
- If the employee does not notify the manager at least 45 minutes prior to their shift and does not show up for work.
- PTO requests for one day should be submitted at least three days in advance.
- Requests for consecutive days should be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Starting January 1, 2018, 40 hours of PTO can be used without occurrence points. The points can be used for illness and non-work related injuries provided the employee informs the manager at least 45 minutes prior to the employee’s start time.
- 30 hours of unpaid time will be given to each employee to use for illness and non-work related injuries provided the employee informs the manager at least 45 minutes prior to your start time. (These 30 hours can only be used for the remainder of 2017 and is unpaid).
- On September 2, 2017, all employees will start with 0 (zero) occurrences and no previous absences or tardies will be considered for any purposes.
- All occurrences will be assessed on a 90 day rolling timeframe.
- The Company must deliver any attendance discipline by the end of the second shift when the employee returns to work.
- When an employee reaches level 5, they will be suspended and the Union notified. The Union will have the right to request bargaining.
**A tardy of 60 minutes or less will be given a ½ point occurrence provided the employee contacts the manager at least 45 minutes prior to their start time.
**This has not been finalized yet. The Union has some questions that will be brought to the Company. Once the document is finalized and executed, it will be made available to the employees.