The CWA Bargaining Committee has reached a tentative agreement with AT&T Mobility. The following summarizes the improvements your bargaining team were able to negotiate.
- Wage Increases
- 2016 – 2.0%
- 2017 – 2.25%
- 2018 – 2.25%
- 2019 – 3.0%
- Lump Sum
- $1,000 - Employees must be on payroll in a District 6 bargained title on the ratification date and payout date to receive payment.
- Short Term Disability
- Current Employees – retain the current 52 week plan with no change.
- Future Employees hired after 01/01/2017 will have a 26 week Disability Income Plan.
- Banded Plan – no changes for all employees hired or rehired before 12-31-2008.
- BCB2 – will continue for all employees hired after 1-1-2009 and through the life of this agreement. This will now include a yearly lump sum payment option.
- Clerical Associates
- Sales Advocate
- The Union negotiated a Letter of Agreement.
Article 12 – Hours of Work
- The Union negotiated improvements including a 5 day work week, posting of the work schedule a week prior to implementation, and proper notification to employees on schedule changes.
Article 14 – Force Adjustment
- The Union negotiated improvements to severance payments with an increase to the cap payout of $17,000.
Article 16 – Safety
- The Union negotiated an improvement in contract language when Local or State Government declares a State of Emergency for inclement weather.
Article 17 – Company-Union Relationship
- The Union negotiated improvements regarding the Working Relations Committee.
Article 19 – Basis of Compensation
- The Union negotiated improvements to an employee’s starting wage, improvements for Network Technician’s on-call pay, and improvements to a multi-lingual differential for call center employees.
Article 21 – Absences
- The Union was successful in maintaining Illness Days for current employees. Future employees will have Illness Days capped at 5 paid days when hired after 01/01/2017.
- The Union negotiated time off for unpaid funeral leave to include step parents and siblings.
MOA Four Day Work Week
- The Union negotiated for the scheduling of 2 consecutive days off in a four day work week.
Article 25 – Exchange Time
- The Union negotiated improvements to the scheduling of exchange time.
Letter of Agreement – Quality Observations
- The Union negotiated improvements that the Company will cover quality observations within 2 working days for Retail and Call Center employees.
Letter of Agreement – Sales Commission Committee
- The Union negotiated the inclusion of the Compensation Committee in our Labor Agreement for Retail Sales.
Letter of Agreement – Sales Quota Relief
- The Union negotiated improvements to Quota Relief.
Letter of Agreement – At Risk Pay
- The Union negotiated an increase to “At-Risk” commission payouts.
All MOU’s, MOA’s and LOA’s will be printed in the 2016 Labor Agreement.
Your CWA Bargaining Committee