Dear Sisters and Brothers,
In July of 2018, our Sisters and Brothers of District 1 were able to enter early negotiations with Verizon regarding wages and healthcare. They were successful in achieving a 4-year agreement extension. With our current CBA set to expire this September, District 6 assessed our options and noted that D1 had approximately 30,000 employees in their bargaining units and we are less than 30. We had hopes of being able to avoid the contentious negotiations that took place several years ago in bargaining and going past expiration, that we would try to capitalize on what the Northeast had achieved. CWA District 6 reached out to the company to see if they were interested in similar negotiations for the Texas Agreement. The company agreed to enter 2 days of negotiations on March 12 and 13, 2020. After two days in negotiations, we were able to reach a tentative agreement for the Texas Bargaining Unit. The highlights are as follows:
1. 4-year agreement expiring on August 1, 2024
2. GWI of 2.5% on August 1, 2020, 2.5% on August 1, 2021, 2.75% on August 1, 2022 and 2.75% on August 1, 2023.
3. $500 ratification bonus paid within 30 days after ratification
4. On January 1, 2021, there will be a small increase in healthcare that will mirror what the California costs will be in 2021
5. The Vision Plan will now be with VSP and the plan coverage will be paid by the company
Ballots and a highlight sheet will be mailed out on Tuesday, March 17, 2021.
An explanation call of this agreement will be on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at 6 pm:
Call-in number: 1-877-873-8017
This will be an open 2-way call so please mute your phone and all questions will be answered at the end of the call.